October 10, 2021 (postponed from May)
at Bergen Community College (BCC) in Paramus
The North Jersey Auto Show, presented by the Restored Rusty Relics, reached 440 show cars and over 50 vendors at our last show; the swap meet included car parts, clothing, memorabilia, and food. See our writeup of the 2019 show.
This is a classic car show, only open to vehicles from model-year 1996 and earlier. Motorcycles, trucks, imports, and emergency vehicles are welcome! There are trivia contests and music; and selected vehicles will get class trophies.*
We have free pre-registration for 1927 and older cars—and for 1996 cars, since it’s the first year of their antique status (this is only for pre-registration, not day-of-show); download and mail in the forms below. The cost for showing a classic car, truck, or motorcycle on the day of the show is $25 ($18 when pre-registered). All pre-registered show cars will get dash plaques, as will the first day-of-show show cars. Pre-registration ends September 22. Proceeds benefit local charities and keep the show going.
Our car show is at 400 Paramus Road; enter Bergen Community College and bear right at the entrance, following our signs. Spectators can visit for $5 per person — with a maximum $10 per carload (no buses or large vans). Proceeds benefit local charities and keep the show going. The show runs from 8 am to around 3:40 pm.
Get show updates with the mailing list: If you sign up, we will let you know when pre-registration opens each year and send a reminder just before it closes. We only send around four to seven messages per year, and we don’t share or sell addresses. (We no longer have a physical mailing list, so this is the only way for us to reach you.)
All vendors have to pre-register! This year pre-registration ends on September 22. There are no day-of-show registrations for vendors (show cars can still be day-of-show); this is due to insurance rules and we cannot change them. We expect to have limited space for 2021. (The physical mailing should reach vendors by August 1.) We have temporarily pulled the forms because the insurance certificate line will probably need to be removed. If you got a form in the mail, you can leave it blank.
- No unauthorized food or drink for sale.
- Flea market spaces are around 20’ x 20’ (they are defined as two parking-lot spaces).
- Spaces must be cleaned up completely no later than 3:40 pm on the show day.
In 2019 we brought back the “trophy parade,” where spectators watch people drive across the show field to pick up their trophies. (It was also the first time at BCC that we separated the show field into classes.)
Selected cars and their owners gather before lining up for the parade
Lining up: around forty cars, one at a time
* This event is not judged; awards are given based on factors such as unique features, condition, restoration or ownership stories, rarity, etc. Winners cannot be owned by Restored Rusty Relics members; and we try not to select winners from the past two North Jersey Auto Shows.
Car show rules
In addition to the vendor rules above
- Canopy poles must be weighted down (sorry, no stakes, even on the grass).
- No smoking—it’s a College and county rule.
- Proof of liability insurance must be supplied upon request.
- We are not responsible for show cancellation or postponements due to acts of God (e.g. natural disasters), epidemics, pandemics, or closures or cancellations mandated by the county, state, or college. We will do the best we can to reschedule or move the event in these cases. We may, at our discretion, issue full or partial refunds, or apply pre-registration payments to the next show if this is the case.
- Parking is on paved areas only, no exceptions!
- No fires anywhere on show grounds
- Day-of-show registration: 8am - noon (or until sold out, whichever is sooner)
- Proof of car liability insurance must be supplied upon request
- Main gate spectator admission: 8am - 2:00pm
- No motorized vehicles, bicycles, scooters, skateboards, etc.
- The property must be entirely clear by 3:40pm
2021: Dave Ivaldi (third consecutive year), Earl Evering, Peter Doll
2019-2020 chairs: Dave Ivaldi and David Zatz (and Jim Athas for 2019)
The North Jersey Auto Show is presented by the Restored Rusty Relics Antique Automobile Club, now in its 52nd year.