North Jersey Auto Show
October 10, 2021
The Restored Rusty Relics car show
at Bergen Community College (BCC) in Paramus
We are scheduled for October 10, 2021 rather than May or August.
We topped 400 show cars and 50 vendors at our last show; the flea market included car parts, clothing, collectibles, memorabilia, and food. The show runs from 8 am to around 3:40 pm. You asked, we listened! The winners’ parade will start earlier, and we have a new ice cream vendor.
This is a “classic car” show. It is only open to vehicles from model-year 1996 and earlier. Motorcycles, trucks, imports, and emergency vehicles are welcome! There are trivia contests and music. Selected class winners will get trophies (we do not have traditional judging).
Our Paramus car show is at 400 Paramus Road; we will be in Bergen Community College’s Lot B or C (bear right at the entrance, following our signs). Spectators can visit for $5 per person — with a maximum $10 per carload (no buses or large vans). Proceeds benefit local charities and keep the show going.
We have free pre-registration for 1927 and older cars—and for 1996 cars, since it’s the first year of their antique status (this is only for pre-registration, not day-of-show). The cost for showing a classic car, truck, or motorcycle on the day of the show is $25 ($18 when pre-registered). Proceeds benefit local charities and keep the show going.
Vendors must pre-register, due to insurance rules. We expect to have limited space for 2021. We will post the form as soon as we can; we are awaiting a final “hold harmless” form.
Any canopies must be weighted down (at the bases of the poles) — no unweighted canopies and no stakes!
All pre-registered show cars will get dash plaques, as will the first day-of-show show cars. Pre-registration ends September 22.
If you do not want to pre-register on-line, use our downloadable pre-registration show car form (updated 6/18/2021). Vendor forms are not ready yet.
Get show updates with the mailing list
If you sign up, we will let you know when pre-registration opens each year and send a reminder just before it closes. We only send around four to seven messages per year, and we don’t share or sell addresses.
This event is not judged; awards are given based on factors such as unique features, condition, restoration or ownership stories, rarity, etc. Winners cannot be owned by Restored Rusty Relics members; and we try not to select winners from the past two North Jersey Auto Shows.
All vendors have to pre-register! This year pre-registration ends on September 22.
Rules of particular interest to vendors (flea market/swap meet):
- For insurance reasons, all vendors must pre-register for the 2021 show—received by September 22, including a hold-harmless form. The form will be sent with our mailing.
- You can reserve a specific spots if you had the same spot last year and register before the rate change; after that, spots are first-come-first-serve. This year that might not be possible due to factors beyond our control.
- No unauthorized food or drink for sale—our food and drink vendors have exclusive rights.
- Flea market spaces are around 20’ x 20’.
- Canopy or tent poles must be weighted down (sorry, no stakes).
- No running displays (including generators, except for pre-approved vendors—at this time, only the photographer and food trucks).
- Proof of liability insurance must be supplied upon request.
- Spaces must be cleaned up, with nothing left behind, no later than 3:40 pm on the show day.
In 2019 we brought back the “trophy parade,” where spectators watch people drive across the show field to pick up their trophies. (It was also the first time at BCC that we separated the show field into classes.)
Selected cars and their owners gather before lining up for the parade
Lining up: around forty cars, one at a time
Car show rules
In addition to the vendor rules above
- No smoking
- We are not responsible for show cancellation or postponements due to acts of God (e.g. natural disasters), epidemics, pandemics, or closures or cancellations mandated by the county, state, or college. We will do the best we can to reschedule or move the event in these cases. We may, at our discretion, issue full or partial refunds, or apply pre-registration payments to the next show if this is the case.
- Parking is on paved areas only, no exceptions!
- Canopy poles must be weighted down (sorry, no stakes, even on the grass).
- No fires anywhere on show grounds
- Day-of-show registration: 8am - noon (or until sold out, whichever is sooner)
- Proof of liability insurance must be supplied upon request
- Main gate spectator admission: 8am - 2:00pm
- No motorized vehicles, bicycles, scooters, skateboards, etc.
- The property must be entirely clear by 3:40pm
Dave Ivaldi (third consecutive year), Earl Evering, Peter Doll