North Jersey Auto Show
the Restored Rusty Relics car show
at Bergen Community College (BCC) in Paramus
We expect the 2021 show to take place in August; we are making arrangements now.
The 42nd North Jersey Auto Show will hopefully take place in 2021 at Bergen Community College in Paramus, near Routes 4, 17, and 208. We expect hundreds of cars (we topped 400 back in 2019) and seventy vendors selling car parts, clothing, collectibles, memorabilia, and food. The show runs from 8 am to around 3:40 pm. You asked, we listened! The winners’ parade will start earlier, and we have a new ice cream vendor.
This is a “classic car” show. It is only open to vehicles from model-year 1996 and earlier. Motorcycles, trucks, imports, and emergency vehicles are welcome! There are trivia contests with prizes, and a DJ playing music. Selected (not judged!) class winners will get trophies.
Our Paramus car show is at 400 Paramus Road; we will be in Bergen Community College’s Lot C (bear right at the entrance, following our signs). Spectators can visit for $5 per person — with a maximum $10 per carload (no buses or large vans). Proceeds benefit local charities and keep the show going.
The show is only open to vehicles from model-year 1996 and earlier. Motorcycles are welcome! There is free pre-registration for 1927 and older cars, and for 1996 cars, since it’s the first year of their antique status. The cost for showing a classic car, truck, or motorcycle on the day of the show is $20 per car ($15 for model-years 1928-1995, when pre-registered). Proceeds benefit local charities and keep the show going.
Vendors must pre-register, due to insurance rules beyond our control. Any canopies must be weighted down (at the bases of the poles) — no unweighted canopies and no stakes!
All pre-registered cars will get dash plaques, as will the first day-of-show show cars. Online pre-registration is available before (deadline) for show cars only—not vendors or spectators. (Form to be posted.)
Refunds have been sent to everyone who registered for the 2020 show.
Get show updates with the mailing list
If you sign up, we will let you know when pre-registration opens each year and send a reminder just before it closes. We only send around four to seven messages per year, and we don’t share or sell addresses.
About the trophies and parade
This event is not judged; awards are given to selected vehicles based on factors such as unique features, condition, restoration or ownership stories, rarity, or representating a significant step in automotive development or design. Winners cannot be owned by Restored Rusty Relics members; we try not to select winners from the past two North Jersey Auto Shows.
All vendors have to pre-register!
Rules of particular interest to vendors (flea market/swap meet):
- For insurance reasons, all vendors must pre-register for the 2020 show—received by May 11 (deadline likely to be changed). The rate is heavily discounted until May 1 (subject to change).
- You can reserve a specific spots if you had the same spot last year and register before the rate change; after that, spots are first-come-first-serve.
- Hold-harmless forms are needed from all vendors, in advance; we are hoping these will be integrated with the registration forms for 2021.If you got our mailing, you should have the form.
- No unauthorized food or drink for sale—our food and drink vendors have exclusive rights.
- Flea market spaces are around 20’ x 20’
- Canopy or tent poles must be weighted down (sorry, no stakes).
- No running displays (including generators, except for pre-approved vendors—at this time, only the photographer and food vendors).
- Proof of liability insurance must be supplied upon request.
- Spaces must be cleaned up, with nothing left behind, no later than 3:40 pm on the show day.
2019 was the first time since leaving Upper Saddle River that we had a “trophy parade,” where spectators saw people drive across the show field to pick up their trophies. (It was also the first time at BCC that we separated the show field into classes.) We will do the same in the next show, but will have the parade earlier.
Selected cars and their owners gather before lining up for the parade
Lining up: around forty cars, one at a time
Car show rules
In addition to the vendor rules above
- No smoking
- We are not responsible for show cancellation or postponements due to acts of God (e.g. natural disasters), epidemics, pandemics, or College-or-County-mandated closures or cancellations. We will do the best we can to reschedule or move the event in these cases. We may, at our discretion, issue full or partial refunds, or apply pre-registration payments to the next show if this is the case.
- Parking is on paved areas only, no exceptions!
- Canopy poles must be weighted down (sorry, no stakes, even on the grass).
- No fires anywhere on show grounds
- Day-of-show registration: 8am - noon (or until sold out, whichever is sooner)
- Proof of liability insurance must be supplied upon request
- Main gate spectator admission: 8am - 2:00pm
- No motorized vehicles, bicycles, scooters, skateboards, etc.
- The property must be entirely clear by 3:40pm
Dave Ivaldi (third consecutive year), Earl Evering, Peter Doll